The Bass and Flinders Centre is centrally located in George Town on Tasmania’s Tamar River. A must see hands on display. In 1798, the explorers Bass and Flinders were dispatched to ‘Van Diemen’s Land’ to ascertain if Tasmania was an island or not.
They sailed with a crew of eight in Her Majesty’s Colonial Sloop Norfolk into the Tamar River and anchored off what is now George Town.
The Centre is the proud home of the full size replica of the sloop ‘Norfolk’. Now located within the Centre and easily boarded, out of the water and within the complex.
Opening Hours: Mon – Frid 10am – 4pm
Weekends 11am – 2pm
Wheelchair Friendly : Yes